Saturday, March 31, 2007

What's Next For Me...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to keep you updated on my life at sea. I was just offered my next contract which will bring me back on my current ship, the ms Westerdam! When my current contract ends on April 17th, 2007, I disembark and fly home just after finishing a 17-day crossing from the Caribbean to the Mediterranean. My ship goes in for some refurbishing while I'm on vacation for three weeks. On May 5th, I fly back to Italy and embark on my ship on the 6th. After a few more days in dry-dock, we then begin 20-day eastern and western Mediterranean cruises! My contract will be from May 6, 2007 - October 28, 2007. Our regular itinerary will be...

  • Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy -- Dubrovnik, Croatia -- Kerkira, Corfu, Greece -- Olympia, Greece -- Santorini, Greece -- Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey -- Athens, Greece -- Messina, Sicily, Italy -- Rome, Italy -- Monte Carlo, Monaco -- Florence/Pisa, Italy -- Barcelona, Spain -- Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain -- La Goulette (Tunis & Carthage), Tunisia -- Palermo, Sicily, Italy -- Naples, Italy -- Rome, Italy.

Some cruises our itinerary changes, and we will be visiting the following places as well...

  • Naxos, Sicily, Italy
  • Valetta, Malta
  • Venice, Italy (overnight for two days!)
  • Salerno, Italy
  • St, Tropez, France
  • Marseilles, France

On October 5th, 2007, we make the crossing back to the Caribbean. Here is the itinerary...

  • Civitavecchia, Italy -- Livorno, Italy -- Monte Carlo, Monaco -- Marseilles, France -- Barcelona Spain -- Valencia, Spain -- Almeria, Spain -- Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal -- Half Moon Cay, Bahamas -- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

After that, I work a one-week Caribbean cruise before I disembark. Needless to say, I am very excited that I will be visiting countries I have never gone to before, and spending five months in the Mediterranean! I will keep you all posted on these exciting ports-of-call!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soo jealous I better get Europe for my next contract. It was great seeing you the other day. I miss my Jeffy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Spooky. I am so happy for you. I hope you are enjoying your time home in Seattle. I sure do miss it and you.
Keely